Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Catching Up

I know it has been forever since I have posted and Matt has been on me lately to post so her it goes... I don't know where to begin

Me and Kenzie were able to go to California for almost two weeks to visit with family it was a lot of fun to see everyone again I hadn't been back to SM since my baby shower in 06. Kenzie picked up walking really well while we were down there. She loved being able to play with her aunt alex or "al" as she calls her even now that we are home she picks up the phone and starts saying al al al and we have to call her. It was nice to be able to be with renee on her birthday I haven't been able to go to a birthday dinner for her since I left for BYU so it was nice to actually celebrate with her. We tried going to the beach but it was a little to windy so we didn't stay there too long. We were able to see Alexis be baptized which was really nice. And it was fun to see kenzie play with laila and bella she doesn't have any real small cousins here so she had fun with them. I definatly enjoyed going to my nieces t-ball game it was a lot of fun she was so cute. The time went by so fast it was just nice to be able to spend time with my family again.
Here is Kenzie with Aunt Alex she loved to do anything that she was doing




Here is kenzie in the rocking chair I used when i was little


Dezi at her t-ball game


Our little princess is turning into such a toddler we can't believe. The day after we got home for our trip I noticed Kenzie was getting ready to go potty so I asked her if she wanted to go on the toliet just kidding and she said yes so i went with it and she did it has now been about five days and almost everytime has been in the potty i can't believe it even pee before bath and she likes it she feels like such a big girl all i can say is i am amazed 16 months and starting to potty train. Kenzie has never liked her crib she has always felt like it traps her she just never liked to sleep in it she would sleep in our bed or the guest bed just fine but not the crib so this last weekend we changed her crib into a little toddler day bed and she loves it. She looks so grown up in it.



Last friday we went shoping with Grandma Evans and we saw this really cute scooter you don't have to pedal or any thing the steering wheel is what moves it so grandma got it for kenz i thought it would be a while before she got the hang of it but nope that night she was moving around the living room and we finally found a helmet that fit her today so we tried it outside and she had a lot of fun with it.







These are just some other side notes about Mckenzie right now so i don't forget.
-She loves the word hot right now even if her food isn't hot she will tell me it is and make me blow on it a few extra times.
- She loves to push her baby doll around in her little baby doll stroller. its so cute and she feeds her a little doll baby bottle
- She loves to play hide and seek(her own version of it) she yells hide hide and goes and hides behind the couch and that is my cue to start saying wheres kenzie and then she pops out from behind the couch and I give her my best surprised look and she busts up laughing
- she is fascinated by dogs right now I am not sure if she likes them or not the jury is still out
- she loves the little slide out in front of our house she can climb the steps and slide down all by herself
- now that she can walk really well she can't stand being in a shopping cart which makes shopping trips pretty difficult:)
- loves double stuffed oreos and gets really messy eating them


As for me I am just taking one class online towards my masters this semester and will be taking a part time job teaching over spring and summer at BYU. Right now I am just happy that the weather is starting to get warmer and we can go outside again it is so nice.

4 comments:

Matt and Debbie said...

She certainly is growing up!! How awesome. Her bed is darling. I can't believe she's already potty training!! That's so great!! And teaching?! What? How did that happen?!

Rachel said...

She is so grown up! How adorable.

The Loveridge Family said...

She is so cute! Potty trained already....WOW! Thanks for updating....it's fun to see what you guys are up too!

Unknown said...

Hi joanna good to hear what you're up to! what will you be teaching?